Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Never Thought I'd Live on a Boat

Yes, the above is true. I never thought I'd live on a boat. In fact if you would have said this to me 7 years ago, I think I would have told you that you were crazy. And then I'd laugh in your face. Ben and I got into a discussion with Ryan and Ashley (lifepartners) on Friday night. And we began talking about if Otis Pagoda really is a boat. Does a houseboat classify as a boat, even though it uses "boat" in its title?

According to webster's a boat is: a small vessel for travel on water. Or another name for a ship. Ok, so we are "small" when you talk about homes. I think we have 1100 square feet here, maybe. Ok that part of the definition; check. Ok let's cover travel. We do "travel" with the tide. You know up and down twice a day, and side to side with the wind and current. Travel part of definition; check. Granted we have nothing to propel us to either move us forward or backwards like a sail or motor. I guess if we had to go out to sea Ben and I would classify as a crew. I am not too sure who would be captain, but that we can work that out if need too.

Ashley was trying to convince us that we do not really live on a boat, but I think that the above will show that yes, we do in fact live on a boat. Did I ever think we'd get here, um no. I never thought I'd live on a boat. (enjoy the little link there)

No comments:

Post a Comment