Friday, October 16, 2009

Mine Mine Mine


There is always a flurry of wildlife around our home. Yes, this differs from your home in some aspects. We do not have squirrels, deer, coyotes, or anything like that. We do have birds, and lots of them.

The most popular bird happens to be the Sea Gull. The bird that stalks you for food and snacks when it sees you. The bird that comes floating along when you appear on the deck just to check out it is that you might be doing, and yes, if you are going to share. The bird that follows the egret to see where it is fishing to see if it too can get in on that game.

I don't know how to tell the Sea Gull that its call is not pretty. It is not the calming bird song of let's say a penguin. (Ok, I'll level with you, I have no idea what a penguin sounds like, but they are cute so one can only imagine.) The sea gulls always sound like they are harassing each other and other birds. When I used to drink coffee at home for a living I used to spend my time scolding them and telling them that they are not pretty. Now, I do not have the luxury of that any more.

I wonder what the other birds think of the sea gull, and if they too judge it. Clearly I am judging it, but whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment