Friday, October 9, 2009

Last day of Freedom


Note: This is going to be a selfish post. . .

As some of you know I have been partaking in a self-imposed unemployment since June 25th. I will say it has been amazing. Not only have I been able to see tons of family and friends, and traveled around the world. On another note I have been able to recharge by battery and get to a place where I know what I am looking for both job and life wise.

Ben and I have been to spend a ton of time together. We spent an amazing two weeks in Europe and some great time in the middle. When he goes away on business I have gone with him, no real questions asked! On one trip we walked off the plane and I had no idea where we were staying or how we were going to get to the hotel. That is so not me! I always know where we are headed and how we are going getting there. It has been great for my mind to rethink how it thinks.

We moved from an apartment that we lived in for almost 6 years. That whole deal became my project, and I think I did a pretty good job. I found this place! Our floating home, which I refer to as Otis Pagoda (I will cover that name in a later post) in my head. Living here has allowed us to reconnect with a ton of our friends. People seem to drop by at the drop of a hat, partly to check out floating home living and then to see us.

On Monday I will head back to work, which I am very excited about! I am ready to go back after this brief hiatus. Who knows if and when I will get to do this again. In theory I'd like to say this is my last day of freedom, in a sense. My last Friday of hanging out and sort of doing things. Next Friday I will be sitting at my desk working and not doing those things.

I have been trying to rack my brain of something fun to do. I have a feeling it will involve trying to find some amazing birthday presents for people who have their big days coming up. But I know I am just going to let it all soak in and just let the day guide me.

(the photo is of where I blog. yes, the computer is on the floor, and i sit in front of our sliding doors in our living room.)

No comments:

Post a Comment