Saturday, October 24, 2009

What's in a Name?


Our houseboat did not come with a name, or at least one that we know of. On the tour a couple weeks ago they all had names! As time has gone on, I have started referring to our home as Otis Pagoda. I should probably give you some context.

One of our friends was really into Otis Reading. I am a huge fan of "Sitting on the Dock of Bay". When I had lots of time on my hands I was doing some research about the song and Otis. (When you have an hour to kill these are things you do!) I found out that he wrote that song while living on a houseboat. Now that is really cool! I of course found out more things about the history of houseboats, but I will save that one for later. Hence: Otis.

The outside of our house has an Asian feel to it, at least the outside does. And pagoda does not stand on its own, unless we are talking about the "Royal Tenenbaums." Hence: Pagoda.

Now this doesn't mean that we are going to post signs or get a banner. This gives us a point of reference to speak about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment