Friday, September 11, 2009

Bye Bye Lock

Since we have lived here I have gotten used to walking on the dock, even the whole sliver deal. I am not longer worried about something falling into the water. Ok every now and then I worry about keys. I also worry about things that I would have to chase into the water, but what can you do?

This will now change.

We have a little bridge way that seems to be Asian inspired that takes us from the dock to our front door. Yes, it goes over the water. We have decided this little walkway is the best place to keep our bikes. Last night Ben was re locking our bikes together. As he was playing with his GIANT chain he looked at me and said "Someday something is going to go in." I said agreed with him. Not 15 seconds later the actual lock slips out of Ben's hands straight down into the water. It hit the water with a huge gulping noise and was gone. It even had the key in it so that is gone as well. At the time Ben did not see the humor in this situtation. In fact about 30 mins he was still flabergasted that this happened.

I suggested that maybe during low tide we could look for it. You may not believe this but during low tide we have not touched the bottom. It looks like dark green gooey mud, that would eat you alive. The type of mud that you think will be soild but in fact will just take you in knee deep. Ben believes that our lock just sunk into the ground. Should I think about getting floating keychains?

Bye Bye Lock! Too bad you were so heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment