Friday, September 25, 2009

Stuff in the Water


Off of our floating dock there is a thing in the water. After heavy investigation I have discovered that this is probably part of an old dock, but it is just the plastic floatation part. Several days ago, I found that it is still tied to a rope that is connected somewhere on the rocks on the other side of our yard. This thing is covered in plant life! Since I do not know a ton about marine plant life, I am unsure how long it has in fact been there. All I want to do at low tide is poke and play at this thing, knowing that I would need a couple more set of hands to deal with it.

Ben and I had a conversation about it while I was poking it and lifting it halfway out of the water with a boat hook. He has no real interest in this old dock which is stuck in the ground. He would really like me to stop messing with it. Then he went inside, and then my trials began. I was on the not so floating dock at low tide, because then it becomes a sitting dock. The house was up to my shoulders. Needless to say it took a couple of tries, but I was able to lift myself onto our house off of our dock. I am glad that no one was watching this go down.

The mix of only seeing this old dock and the fact that our floating dock is sitting on the bottom during low tide make it really hard to mess with this thing with any real commitment. Well I guess I could mess with it until the tide comes back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment