Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You've Got Mail


As Ben will atest to, I love mail. I love it! I am sure that through our life together Ben has never had a key to the mailbox. My obsession with mail might have something to do with the fact that it is sort of like opening a present, or maybe it is because that my dad sends me a postcard every week which always makes me smile, and keeps me in the loop back home.

Each floating home dweller has a 5x7 inch box which is about 2ft deep as a mailbox. They are stacked around the gate to our dock. (Photo to the left) The new development is the fact that when we receive a box the mailman (and he is a man by the way), walks all the way down the dock, knocks on your door, and leaves it there. In the city this would have meant a small slip of paper in your mailbox. Then you'd be instructed on when and where you could pick up your package. Since we live in an actual house the USPS, UPS, and FedEx will all walk down our docks to deliver packages. Wow.

1 comment:

  1. so do you now need to give your postman a holiday gift of sorts?? think about it

    ReplyDelete